Now we will analyze Mind Lab Pro . This is a nootropic pack designed by Opti-Nutra. I’ve heard a lot about it on forums and websites in the last year, so I wanted to analyze it for myself.
There is a lot of propaganda, consumerism and lack of ethics in the world of supplements, that is why we distrust what is offered in the market, for a fear of buying not only something that does not do what it is supposed to do, but also causes an adverse effect or clear damage to health.
There are a few brands that have gained some popularity. One of the most notorious is Mind Lab Pro, made by the Opti-Nutra Laboratory.
Other brands that are also competing with MidLabPro are Alpha Brain from Onnit Lab, and Maven, from Labs Brain Stack. Within the boom, very enthusiastic indeed, that is happening around nootropics and smart drugs. All of them belong to the category of nutraceuticals, which corresponds to a dietary supplement and whose ingredients are 100% natural.
In this article, I will review the efficacy of the most famous of the nootropics: MindLabPro. We will reveal doubts about whether or not the virtues and effects that it claims to have with respect to improving our brain capacity are true or not.
- What is Mind lab pro for?
- Mind Lab Pro ingredients
- Phosphatidylserine (PS)
- Bacopa Monnieri
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom
- Maritime Pine Bark Extract
- Rhodiola Rosea
- Vitamins B6, B9, and B12
- Benefits of Mind Lab Pro
- Improved creativity
- Improved focus and concentration
- Improved energy levels
- Improved memory recall
- Improved mood
- Neuroprotection and brain regeneration
- Does Mind Lab Pro work? | My experiences
- Mind Lab Pro 100% works… for me.
- This worked like a charm!
- Ideal For Creativity.
- Greater Attention and Concentration
- Increased Energy Levels
- Better Memory Retention
- Positive Mood
- More Motivation
- Brain Regeneration and Neuroprotection
- Mind Lab Pro Side Effects | What you should know
- Mind Lab Pro vs. Modafinil | Smart Drug Showdown
- Here’s when it’s best to take Mind Lab Pro:
- Here is when it is best to take Modafinil:
- Mind Lab Pro Review | The Verdict
What is Mind lab pro for?
Each laboratory has its particular approach to the components of their products, as well as their concentration and dosage to achieve their optimal results. For example, Opti-Nutra is taken in a single dose. Onnit, with its Alpha Brain product, promotes increased memory, information processing speed and concentration. In the case of Ciltep, its design was specially thought to increase long-term memory.
For its part, MindLabPro claims to be a “universal” nootropic, that is, it has a comprehensive effect: increasing memory, improving mood, promoting brain repair, increasing resistance to mental stress , as well as maintaining all these effects.
The formulation of the Mind Lab Pro components has been designed to:
- Optimize the energy used by the brain in mental processes
- Improve memory
- Improve the production and release of neurotransmitters (the substances through which neurons communicate)
- Stimulate cerebral blood flow
- Stimulate brain waves
- Promote neuroprotection and regeneration.
Mind Lab Pro ingredients
To know if what it says to do in the chemistry of our brain is effective, it is necessary to know what components are part of its composition. The components and their amounts are specified on its label, contrary to Alpha Brain, which claims to be “proprietary to the formula”, which makes it remain partially unknown.
Mind Lab Pro, among other differences compared to other similar nootropics, uses vinpocetine as a primary neurovasodilator (dilates the blood vessels in the brain to provide more blood and oxygenation), unlike Alpha Brain, which uses huperzine A.
It does not mean that Huperzine A is not efficient in achieving good blood flow to the brain, but that its half-life is 24 hours, which means that you have to use this supplement about 2 times a week or every other day, in comparison. with the daily intake of Mind Lab Pro.
The other feature that differentiates Mind Lab Pro from its competitors is that it uses proprietary “Premium” compounds, meaning that the ingredients they contain have been thoroughly verified in quantity and potency.
List of ingredients and amounts it contains, taking as a reference the typical recommended dose of 2 capsules, which is a sufficient amount to boost your brain energy. (The maximum recommended dose is 4 capsules per day).
- N-acetyl-L-tyrosine: 175 mg
- L-theanine (Suntheanine ® ): 100 mg
- Phosphatidylserine (PS Sharp ® Green): 100 mg
- Citicoline (Cognizin ® ): 250 mg
- Bacopa monnieri (45% bacosides): 150 mg
- Vinpocetine. 6 mg
- Pterostilbene: 500 mcg
- Lion’s mane: 500 mg
- 50 mg Rhodiola rosea (3% rosavins and 1% salidroside): 50 mg
- Vitamin B 6 (P-5-P): 2.5 mg
- Vitamin B 12 mcg (methylcobalamin): 7.5 mcg.
Here are the effective ingredients working together to ensure that it achieves its purpose:
This ingredient is included in the Mind Lab Pro formula to help energize the brain and optimize the neural electrical impulses that power human thoughts. It also helps produce phosphatidylcholine, a major phospholipid that is available in the brain cell membranes. Besides, it promotes neurotransmitters and supports antioxidant activity in the brain.
This ingredient is a compound that constitutes 15 percent of the brain’s fats. It allows the brain to maintain fluidity while optimizing receptors in the brain. Besides, it could help boost nerve growth factors that promote brain cell creation.
This ingredient delivers antioxidants called bacosides. It helps protect the brain from the aging process delivered by free radicals. Bacopa also promotes the production of the brain chemicals GABA, acetylcholine, and serotonin.
Lion’s Mane Mushroom
This ingredient activates nerve growth factors, which supports the creation of brain cells. Besides, it has active nootropics known as hericenones and erinacines.
Maritime Pine Bark Extract
This ingredient delivers powerful complex antioxidants that can easily cross the blood-brain barrier to help combat the damaging effects of toxic free radicals. It contains compounds known as proanthocyanidins, which trigger the release of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide relaxes blood vessels and promotes blood flow to the brain.
This amino acid helps in the creation of neurotransmitters associated with mood, memory, and mental processing. According to some clinical research, tyrosine could help neutralize the effect of brain stress and help with the creation of neurotransmitters used up during stress.
Like tyrosine, theanine is another amino acid that works to boost the activity of alpha brainwaves. This type of brainwave is linked to increased creativity and wakeful relaxation. Additionally, this ingredient could settle “excitable” neurotransmitters and support calming neurotransmitters such as dopamine, GABA, and serotonin. Importantly, it shields neurons from damage, which helps maintain clear thinking even in old age.
This ingredient stimulates and sustains cognition-critical neurotransmitters such as dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine. Rhodiola helps these neurotransmitters with transportation across the blood-brain barrier. This ingredient may equally protect acetylcholine production and reduce the production of stress hormones like cortisol.
Vitamins B6, B9, and B12
All the B vitamins are essential for brain health, but the ones mentioned here are significant in research studies. Vitamins B6, B9, and B12 play a crucial role in homocysteine metabolism. Optimal levels of homocysteine are linked to improved overall mental performance.
Benefits of Mind Lab Pro
Unlike other nootropics that target only a specific aspect of cognition, Mind Lab Pro delivers complete cognitive enhancement. Here are the main benefits associated with this formula:
Once consumed, Mind Lab Pro allows users to remain focused and feel energetic. It also allows them to stay relaxed, positive while finding new ideas formed in their minds. This helps them to unlock their full creative potential.
Improved focus and concentration
Both in the workplace and at home, poor focus and lack of concentration can ruin productivity. Mind Lab Pro enables users to stay focused on the tasks for a more extended period while allowing them to be more productive and knock out tasks much more efficiently.
Improved energy levels
Mind Lab Pro supplies users with adequate energy that lasts for a more extended period. The best part is that it has no stimulants so that users won’t experience a crash similar to other caffeinated products. Additionally, Mind Lab Pro comes with natural ingredients that help neutralize mental fatigue and clear brain fog.
Improved memory recall
Bacopa Monnieri is one of the key ingredients used in formulating Mind Lab Pro. This ingredient is clinically certified to support memory recall. Additionally, phosphatidylserine and citicoline are two other key ingredients in this formula that improve memory recall.
Mind Lab Pro comes with many ingredients that promote the release of mood-boosting brain chemicals, including dopamine and serotonin. Once consumed, Mind Lab Pro delivers a much more positive outlook and leaves users feeling better throughout the day.
Neuroprotection and brain regeneration
The Mind Lab Pro formula improves not only cognitive abilities but also targets overall brain health. Many of the ingredients used in this formula help the brain regenerate and heal from oxidative stress, among other pathogens that weakens the brain’s ability to function at optimal standards.
According to the manufacturer, these are just part of the several benefits that Mind Lab Pro delivers. According to the official website, most users witness results almost instantly, but individual results can vary. The manufacturer encourages long-term use of the formula to deliver the best results.
Does Mind Lab Pro work? | My experiences
Now that you understand a little about the ingredients in Mind Lab Pro and how it benefits cognition, learning, and more, let’s look at what you really came to know …
Does Mind Lab Pro work?
Of course, but I can only comment on my experience with Mind Lab Pro, and I am only one person. But this is what I experienced after taking Mind Lab Pro many times:
Mind Lab Pro 100% works… for me.
I found huge cognitive benefits from taking this over-the-counter nootropic. I’m talking about benefits like being able to increase my workload almost double a day, have more positive moods, greater concentration, and much more.
The first day I took Mind Lab Pro I started with the recommended dose of two pills. I then proceeded to have a cup of coffee and then got to work.
About 45 minutes after consuming Mind Lab Pro, I felt a typical nootropic “buzz” in my brain. Positivism flowed through my mind and I instantly realized what I was doing. My work was exciting and my processing speed was much faster than normal.
I came to the conclusion that Mind Lab Pro was really working at the moment. Its “effect” had begun.
But how long would this state of “improvement” last? Most over-the-counter nootropics tend to offer a small “bump” state for a few hours. Later, many of them become extinct.
Most smart OTC drugs just can’t last as long as Modafinil or Armodafinil.
See how Mind Lab Pro compares to Modafinil here.
So I continued my work, while occasionally following my mental energy throughout the day. Once the Mind Lab Pro went live, I found over 6 hours of benefit and increased cognitive benefits, before the “half-life” started to wear off.
Most smart OTC drugs just don’t last as long as Modafinil or Armodafinil. See a comparison between Mind Lab Pro and Modafinil here.
So I continued with my work, occasionally monitoring my mental energy throughout the day. Once I felt the effects of Mind Lab Pro, I had more than 6 hours of cognitive benefits, before the “half life” or its effects began to wear off.
At 7-8 hours, I discovered that the benefits of Mind Lab Pro had worn off and my brain felt “normal” again.
This was pretty good for an over the counter nootropic. In fact, most over-the-counter products do not last longer than 3-4 hours, unless they are dosed in much higher doses than the instructions say.
Mind Lab Pro was different. I got over 6 hours of truly enhanced cognition and fast mental processing speeds.
But he wanted to see if he could take things to another level. So after taking Mind Lab Pro at the recommended dosages for a few days, I decided to try two Mind Lab Pro pills with breakfast and then one more with lunch. The dosage lasted around 4-5 hours.
This worked like a charm!
I gained an impressive 4+ hours of focus before lunch, and another 4 hours of “enhanced” state after lunch, for a total of 8+ hours of heightened cognition during the day. The BEST I have ever received from an over the counter nootropic.
Mind Lab Pro is reliable and you will find a host of benefits from taking this product.
I think Mind Lab Pro offers a lot of benefits for the average person using nootropics. While this product doesn’t give you more than 15 hours of focus, anti-fatigue like Modafinil, you can expect a ton from Mind Lab Pro.
These are some of the biggest benefits I have noticed:
Ideal For Creativity.
If your work or what you study requires a lot of creative thinking, I have found Mind Lab Pro to be ideal. Modafinil and other nootropics are workhorses. They offer extreme focus for many hours. So does Mind Lab Pro. However, this nootropic also offers creative benefits – which really surprised me.
Due to certain ingredients in Mind Lab Pro, your mind will be in a relaxed state and you will feel positive – while being super focused. You will find new ideas forming at a rapid pace and your creative side will be more fluid.
This is the BEST nootropic I have seen for creativity.
Greater Attention and Concentration
You will be able to focus on what you need to do for more than 6 to 8 hours when you take Mind Lab Pro – depending on how you dose the product. This is the classic nootropic benefit that we generally want and Mind Lab Pro is not far behind in this category.
I found myself able to focus on everything I wanted when taking this product. Both super boring work, and creative work that requires high concentration.
The level of focus and attention span that Mind Lab Pro offered me allowed me to almost double my workload each day that I took this nootropic. It’s a damn good cognitive benefit!
Increased Energy Levels
Mind Lab Pro delivers a gentle energy boost that lasts. This is not like a cup of coffee – where you have to drink another cup a few hours later to stay alert.
Mind Lab Pro provides ingredients to combat fatigue that keep your brain working without rest. Many of the mental energy benefits of this nootropic stem from the product’s ability to maintain healthy blood flow to your brain throughout the “half-life” of the product.
Expect an impressive 6-8 energy levels with this smart drug – and without that “knockdown” effect when the effect wears off, as Mind Lab Pro is not a stimulant.
Better Memory Retention
Mind Lab Pro could be the ideal smart drug for students, due to the unique ability this product has to improve all facets of memory. From short-term memory to information retrieval, this nootropic is essential for students and entrepreneurs.
I really like being able to almost instantly recall information related to a topic, rather than googling things or looking at notes when creating outlines. By taking this nootropic, it helped me do a lot more work.
Personally, this is one of the biggest benefits of Mind Lab Pro.
While taking Mind Lab Pro I never had a bad day. When I started to feel the effects, the negative thoughts began to be unnoticeable. I was positive, happy and focused when I took this smart drug.
I believe this is due to Mind Lab Pro’s ability to improve mood and deliver increased blood flow to the brain. Stress also seemed to disappear when taking this nootropic.
Without stress. No fatigue. No negativity.
Just more focus and the desire to get things done!
I don’t want you to misunderstand me. There is no nootropic on the planet that can give you the motivation you need to be successful. That has to come from within, at least in my opinion.
However, I did feel a little extra boost and a crazy desire to complete tasks when taking Mind Lab Pro. I think this is due to some ingredients in Mind Lab Pro that support dopamine levels, which many associate with healthy motivation and a mental boost. But whatever the reason for this feeling you will feel that …
You want to get a lot of work done when you take Mind Lab Pro!
Brain Regeneration and Neuroprotection
I was surprised to find out the following …
In the long run, Mind Lab Pro is really HEALTHY for your brain. This is not a lie.
The brain is always regenerating, forming new brain cells, repairing membranes, and more. You must, as we are constantly learning and experiencing new things. However, this regenerative process has been shown to be optimized by certain nootropics, many included in Mind Lab Pro.
Additionally, many nootropic ingredients actually protect brain cells from the negative effects of free radicals, which often lead to cognitive decline as we age and brain fog. This is a huge benefit for anyone in their 20s.
Mind Lab Pro Side Effects | What you should know
Most nootropic products, over the counter or prescription, tend to have some minor side effects. But that’s part of the payoff when you take some kind of smart drug.
Having said that…
I personally never experienced any side effects with Mind Lab Pro, which was surprising!
According to Opti-Nutra :
All 11 ingredients in Mind Lab Pro are safe and well tolerated. But that’s only part of the story. Mind Lab Pro is the only nootropic supplement of its kind with a clean label: no artificial colors, no preservatives, no GMOs, gluten free, caffeine free, and no additives. Even the capsules are clean: Premium vegan Plantcaps®. Mind Lab Pro is a nutritional brain stimulant, with many ingredients in higher potency and improved forms that are easier for the body to absorb and use. We take all these quality steps to create a true universal Nootropic ™ that works for everyone, is safe and comfortable for everyone, and fits any lifestyle.
Due to the stringent requirements that Opti-Nutra uses during formulation and manufacturing, the most common side effects of smart drugs are minimized with Mind Lab Pro. Most users report ZERO problems.
However, there are three exceptionally minor and rather rare Mind Lab Pro side effects to watch out for:
- Headaches: Very rare when you take a quality nootropic, like this one. Reports of Mind Lab Pro headaches are really rare, but if you are prone to headaches, start with a small dose, that is with a single dose of Mind Lab Pro before increasing the dose.
- Digestive upsets : Personally, I tend to have minor stomach problems at night after a day taking Modafinil. With Mind Lab Pro, there is none of that. Some users reported minor stomach aches and diarrhea with Mind Lab Pro, but it is rare and mild.
- Insomnia: This is probably the biggest Mind Lab Pro side effect you will ever experience. If you take this smart drug in the late afternoon or evening, there is a chance that you will have a hard time finding sleep until the wee hours of the morning. This is because the “half-life” or the effects of Mind Lab Pro will kick in and your brain could have quite a bit of energy. Do not take this product at night if you want to sleep early!
Mind Lab Pro vs. Modafinil | Smart Drug Showdown
This comparison runs throughout this article, but I wanted to clarify things a bit more. Both nootropic products do a very good job of cognitive enhancement, but your goals should be slightly different when selecting which product to take for the day.
Here’s when it’s best to take Mind Lab Pro:
- You want to do CREATIVE work
- You need 6-8 + hours of extreme concentration
- You are looking for a product that you can take DAILY
- You are dealing with high levels of stress and need to stay positive
- You are studying for an exam or you are taking an exam
- You want to sleep well at night
Here is when it is best to take Modafinil:
- You need to smash 12-15 + working hours
- You want to take a nootropic 1-2 times a week
- You want to spend a whole night working
- You need to FINISH a lot of work that you’ve been putting off
- You need a “workhorse” of a nootropic to ensure you get the job done as quickly as possible.
As you can see, these two nootropics offer impressive benefits, but they are slightly different. In my opinion, these are my favorite smart drugs. I just take them for slightly different reasons.
You should also bear in mind that …
If you’ve never taken a smart drug or nootropic before, I think Mind Lab Pro is the best supplement for beginners. This nootropic safely delivers impressive benefits and allows you to determine if smart drugs are helping you achieve your goals.
Mind Lab Pro Review | The Verdict
Based on the effects and results that were indicated, the Mind Lab Pro would be a fairly natural and recommended way to improve energy levels and intellectual performance.
Its ingredients, being chemical compounds that are part of normal brain metabolism or stimulate its synthesis, seem to be safe and maintain the effects achieved by the supplement while ingested.
I hope this article has been useful to you, to clear up several doubts regarding its true usefulness, without creating false expectations, but to understand that by optimizing certain functions that we already have in our brain, we can take better advantage of it and enjoy a lower level of stress in our activities.
FDA and Supplements:
A dietary supplement will never be approved by the FDA. Dietary supplements, according to the Food and Drug Administration, are in their own category and are not controlled or approved by the FDA.
If a company says that their diet supplement has been approved by the FDA, walk away. This is a deliberate misinterpretation on the part of the company.
The Food and Drug Administration has not reviewed these claims. This item is not supposed to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Mind Lab Pro: Contact Details
7 Clarendon Place,
Royal Leamington Spa,
CV32 5QL, UK.
About Kent Sussex Community Services (KSCS):
KSCS.org is dedicated to review you the latest supplements and news from the world. We cover cognitive enhancement, sleep hacking & health solution.
If you choose to buy the product recommended via the links in this product review, KSCS (Kent Sussex Community Services) will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. This helps fund our testing and editorial teams, and rest assured that we only recommend high-quality products.
Please keep in mind that any recommendations or guidance given here are not intended to replace sound medical advice from a licenced healthcare provider. If you use medications or have questions after reading the above review, consult with a licenced practitioner before making any buying decisions. Since the claims made about these products have not been tested by the Food and Drug Administration, individual findings could differ. FDA-approved testing has not verified the effectiveness of these drugs. These things aren’t supposed to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any illness.
Product Support: [email protected]
Media Contact: [email protected]
- Giurgea C. Vers une pharmacologie de l’activité intégrative du cerveau. Tentative du concept nootrope en psychopharmacologie [Pharmacology of integrative activity of the brain. Attempt at nootropic concept in psychopharmacology]. Actual Pharmacol (Paris). 1972;25:115-156.
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008
- Morgan, A., & Stevens, J. (2010, July). Does Bacopa monnieri improve memory performance in older persons? Results of a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20590480
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Silveri, M. M., Dikan, J., Ross, A. J., Jensen, J. E., Kamiya, T., Kawada, Y., … Yurgelun-Todd, D. A. (2008, November). Citicoline enhances frontal lobe bioenergetics as measured by phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18816480
- Mori, K., Inatomi, S., Ouchi, K., Azumi, Y., & Tuchida, T. (2009, March). Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18844328
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634
- Bryan, J. (2008, February). Psychological effects of dietary components of tea: caffeine and L-theanine. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18254874
- Paarmann K, Prakash SR, Krohn M, et al. French maritime pine bark treatment decelerates plaque development and improves spatial memory in Alzheimer’s disease mice. Phytomedicine. 2019;57:39-48. doi:10.1016/j.phymed.2018.11.033
- Fond G, Micoulaud-Franchi JA, Brunel L, et al. Innovative mechanisms of action for pharmaceutical cognitive enhancement: A systematic review. Psychiatry Res. 2015;229(1-2):12-20. doi:10.1016/j.psychres.2015.07.006
- Colzato, L. S., Jongkees, B. J., Sellaro, R., & Hommel, B. (2013, December 16). Working memory reloaded: tyrosine repletes updating in the N-back task. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3863934/
- (n.d.). Retrieved from http://ns.umich.edu/Releases/2001/Aug01/r081301a.html
- Shevtsov, V. A., Zholus, B. I., Shervarly, V. I., Vol’skij, V. B., Korovin, Y. P., Khristich, M. P., … Wikman, G. (2003, March). A randomized trial of two different doses of a SHR-5 Rhodiola rosea extract versus placebo and control of capacity for mental work. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12725561
- Sukumaran NP, Amalraj A, Gopi S. Neuropharmacological and cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri (L.) Wettst – A review on its mechanistic aspects. Complement Ther Med. 2019;44:68-82. doi:10.1016/j.ctim.2019.03.016
- Iulia C, Ruxandra T, Costin LB, Liliana-Mary V. Citicoline – a neuroprotector with proven effects on glaucomatous disease. Rom J Ophthalmol. 2017;61(3):152-158. doi:10.22336/rjo.2017.29
- Glade MJ, Smith K. Phosphatidylserine and the human brain. Nutrition. 2015;31(6):781-786. doi:10.1016/j.nut.2014.10.014